Establishment of the Catholic community in Jackson County. First Mass of the new parish community of Saint Dominic was celebrated on Christmas Day.
Completion of the first parish church. Assignment of first permanent pastor
First parish rectory was built. Parish also obtained a five-acre land west of town that would become Mount Calvary Cemetery.
Current church building was officially dedicated on June 24. Plans to build a new church started in 1914 but was put on hold. Land was purchased in 1922 and construction began soon after.
The old church building was remodelled to be the new parish hall.
New parish rectory was built.
Stained glass windows were installed to the church completing the work begun in 1922. Parcel of land across the rectory was also purchased. The house on the purchased property became home to two Benedictine Sisters of Mount Saint Scholastica (Atchison) who were in charge of the parish religious education program.
Saint Dominic parish community celebrates centennial anniversary.
Old parish hall was torn down and a new parish hall with religious education classrooms in the basement was built.
Addition of south-side vestibule with church-level restrooms to the current church structure.
Remodelling and updating of the parish rectory, the first since its construction in 1950.
Saint Dominic parish community celebrates 150 year anniversary
Dedication of the first Saint Francis Xavier Church in Mayetta. Construction of the church for the newly-established parish community started the year prior.
House was purchased and furnished for Fr. Geintz, the first and only resident pastor in the history of Saint Francis Xavier.
Upon the retirement of Fr. Geinitz, Saint Francis Xavier becomes a mission church of Saint Dominic.
Saint Francis Xavier Church was completely destroyed by fire on November 11, with only the cornerstone surviving.
Dedication of the new St Francis Xavier church, built on the same site as the old, was presided by Archbishop Edward Hunkeler.
Dedication of a new multi-level structure that houses a parish hall and religious education center was presided by Archbishop Ignatius Strecker. Construction began the year prior.
Saint Francis Xavier celebrates centennial anniversary.